2017 Web Design Trend Forecast
Get on top of the latest web trends and ahead of competitors with modern, user-friendly features. The results? Increase in mobile usage, site traffic, page views and conversions.
- Less is More– Simplified menus and white space are two of the key contributors to a modern, straightforward design aesthetic. Taking a minimalist approach when displaying content results in an efficient and intuitive web experience.
- Go Bold– Artful elements such as bold, statement-making fonts, dominant photography and enticing graphics separate your site from competitors and set the tone of your brand.
- Color is Key– Bland, muted color is out, and whimsical, daring color is in; think over-saturation and gradients. A good use of color can be effective in capturing brand personality and drawing in the attention of users.
- Video & GIFS– Consider movement in your content. With computer and mobile devices loading faster than ever, adding dynamic video clips and animations is a sure way to add visual interest and interaction to your site. Be sure to check with Cool Blue or other experts about the possible impacts to site speed and performance for your users.
- Quality Over Quantity– Unique, high quality photography is pertinent, and generic stock photos will continue to phase out. Layouts will focus on unique, interactive elements, engaging copy and clearly communicating content.
- Data Displays– Analytics displayed in large scale (i.e. infographics) are a useful and visually engaging way to provide information in a way that is easy to digest on desktop or mobile.
- Mobile Focus– An increasing number of brands are adapting to the consistent growth of mobile users. Responsive design and web optimization is no longer an afterthought and web designers are beginning to take a mobile-first approach.
Is your website meeting your user’s needs? Learn more with Cool Blue.
Cool Blue was recently recognized for creative excellence on the web with three Silver Awards from the W3 Awards. See our award-winning work.